1. (tie) American Adversaries: West and Copley in a Transatlantic World, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
1. (tie) Byzantine Things in the World, Menil Collection, Houston
3. Princes & Paupers: The Art of Jacques Callot, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
4. Marie Cosindas: Instant Color, Amon Carter Museum of American Art, Fort Worth
5. Ken Price Sculpture: A Retrospective, Nasher Sculpture Center, Dallas
6. Antonio Berni: Juanita and Ramona, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
7. 30 Americans, Milwaukee Art Museum
8. The Peacock Room Comes to America: Exhibiting Freer’s Bibles, Freer Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
9. Van Gogh Repetitions, The Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C.
10. Laura McPhee: River of No Return, Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, Kansas City, Mo.
Honorable mentions: James Turrell, The Light Inside, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; México Inside Out: Themes in Art Since 1990, Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth; WOLS: Retrospective, Menil Collection; Tell It with Pride: The 54th Massachusetts Regiment and Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ Shaw Memorial, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Cyrus Cylinder and Ancient Persia: A New Beginning, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Abraham Cruzvillegas: The Autoconstrucción Suites, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis; Fauno Rosso, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Mo.; The Dying Gaul: An Ancient Roman Masterpiece from the Capitoline Museum, Rome, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Color! American Photography Transformed, Amon Carter Museum of American Art, Fort Worth; Picasso Black and White, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; LaToya Ruby Frazier: WITNESS, Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston; Katharina Grosse: WUNDERBLOCK, Nasher Sculpture Center, Dallas; PASIÓN POPULAR: Spanish and Latin American Folk Art from the Cecere Collection, San Antonio Museum of Art